This log documents the changes for each update which might be of interest to users.
This project follows Semantic Versioning.
[9.3.18] - 2020-02-24
- The condtions API returned the wrong hit count when terms is empty
[9.3.4] - 2019-10-15
- Added "HGNC:" prefix to the hgnc_id field values for APIs genes and variants. For backward compatibility, the new version v4 has been introduced for both APIs and the version v3 for both APIs will continue to function for some time but have been deprecated.
[9.3.3] - 2019-10-04
- COSMIC v90 update. Due to non-backward-compatible changes in the data, a new API version v4 has been introduced. The v3 API will continue to function for some time but has been deprecated.
- For cosmic API:
- The new HGNC_IDs now have the "HGNC:" prefix, which is the HGNC stardard.
- The MutationID in the previous versions (v89 and earlier) is now the LegacyMutationID
- The (new) MutationID is also called alternative mutation id in the COSMIC documentation.
- A new GenomicMutationID has been added.
[9.3.0] - 2019-09-03
- Added ValueSet $expand operation to make CTSS data sets accessible via FHIR $expand operation. For more details, please see: https://clinicaltables.nlm.nih.gov/valueSetExpand.html
[9.1.0] - 2019-05-14
- Added METHOD_TYP field to the loinc_items API.
[9.0.0] - 2019-03-11
- For security reasons, we no longer accept TLS 1.0 and 1.1 connections. If you have trouble connecting to our websites APIs, please contact us.
[8.6.0] - 2019-02-07
- Added hcpcs (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) API.
[8.5.0] - 2019-01-31
- For loinc_items API: added "form_and_section" search type for the "type" parameter.
- For cosmic API, added early termination to improve autocomplete response time.
[8.4.5] - 2019-01-22
- Fixed the examples accessible from the "Source code" links.
[8.3.0] - 2018-07-20
- LOINC 2.64 update, with new LOINC data distribution formats
- In the loinc_items API, the "answers" field has been deprecated and replaced
by the AnswerLists field.
- In the loinc_items API, for LOINC items that have answer list(s), a new "AnswerLists" field has been added. The existing "answers" field is still there (but has been deprecated) and is the list of answers from one of the answer lists.
[8.2.4] - 2018-05-17
- For variants (ClinVar) API, some variants had empty Name values. This has been fixed
by generating a name as: "No name, ID=
", where is the actual VariationID value of the specific record.
- For APIs variants, ucum, loinc_items, and cosmic, a few previously unindexed fields have now been indexed.
[8.2.0] - 2018-05-01
- Added frequency-based document weight in the RxTerms API to help improve ranking.
- The title name for the Star Alleles API has been changed to "PharmVar Star Alleles"
- The data source link for the Star Alleles (now PharmVar Star Alleles) API has been changed to point to "https://www.pharmvar.org/genes"
[8.0.0] - 2018-01-25
- SNP data migration, now using newly released JSON data from NCBI.
- The snps API now returns results in a different format.
[7.0.23] - 2018-01-24
- Fixed the bug that ef parameter does not work on field paths (e.g., addr_practice.full)
[7.0.11] - 2017-10-23
- The alleles API can still be accessed directly but it has been removed from the main demo page (and the customized search page).
[7.0.3] - 2017-08-08
- Updated cosmic and cosmic_struct data to the latest release
- The maxList parameter, the value of which was previously ignored, has been changed to take an optional size value, in keeping with how people were trying to use it. The change is backwards-compatible with its previous behavior.
[7.0.2] - 2017-08-18
- Styling/layout changes to the pages
[7.0.0] - 2017-07-28
- New star_alleles API
- HLA field names changes:
- "name" becomes "short_name"
- "name_prefixed" becomes "name"
[6.15.0] - 2017-06-23
- Multiple coding systems support for ncbi_genes
[6.14.2] - 2017-07-10
- For ucum API, tweaked search results relevance and fixed special characters conversion problem.
[6.14.1] - 2017-07-05
- Updated LOINC version to 2.61
[6.14.0] - 2017-06-20
- is_simple field (with values true or false) to the ucum API to indicate if a ucum unit is a simple unit (free of operators)
[6.13.1] - 2017-06-12
- Updated UCUM data to the latest (2017-06-06).
[6.13.0] - 2017-05-25
- New API npi_org for NPI organizations
- New API npi_idv for NPI individuals
[6.12.0] - 2017-05-17
- Updated cosmic and cosmic_struct data to version v81
- Updated rxterms data to the latest (2017-05) release
- HLA: added a new field 'name_prefixed' which is the name prefixed with 'HLA-'
[6.11.2] - 2017-05-05
- To improve response time, dbVar now may not check the full dataset in
building the response if there are many millions of matches.
- Various cases (e.g., 'asp/caff' for rxterms) where it should return results but was not.
[6.11.0] - 2017-05-02
- Default display/search fields adjustments for the following genomics APIs
- v1 for loinc_items and icd10cm, which are no longer being used.
[6.10.0] - 2017-04-07
- The HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigens) API
[6.9.0] - 2017-04-03
- loinc_items: added new "PROPERTY" field
- ucum: API docs
[6.8.0] - 2017-03-27
- The procedures API for major surgeries and implants
[6.7.2] - 2017-03-16
- Documentation for two newly added ICD-9-CM APIs:
- "icd9cm_sg" for Procedures, and
- "icd9cm_dx" for Diagnoses
[6.6.0] - 2017-03-02
- The medical conditions API now has fields for suggested ICD-10-CM codes.
[6.5.0] - 2017-02-02
- A link in the page footer to an issues page for reporting issues and suggestions.
[6.4.0] - 2017-02-01
- A new API for the NCBI dbVar database.
[6.3.0] - 2017-01-27
- The RefSeqs API now includes NR-prefixed RefSeqs accession numbers.
[6.2.0] - 2017-01-17
- The following old versions of APIs were removed (but current versions still
[6.1.0] - 2016-12-16
- The "RefSeqs" API now includes NP RefSeqs, and there is a new NP_RefSeq field which is populated for NM RefSeqs.
[6.0.1] - 2016-12-13
- Updated ICD-10-CM data to 2017, and added a note to the documentation about the version being used.
[6.0.0] - 2016-12-08
- An obsolete and unused "genes" API. Versions 1 and 3 of the "genes" API still exist.
[5.2.0] - 2016-11-03
- Version 3 APIs (with "v3" in the URLs), which understand a "maxList" parameter rather than an "autocomp" parameter. The default return size without the maxList parameter is a short list (7 maximum), but when maxList is present up to 500 items are returned. Care has been taken to preserve the behavior of the older v1 and v2 APIs, and we plan to keep those around while there is still usage.
[5.1.0] - 2016-11-02
- The NCBI genes API.
[5.0.0] - 2016-09-27
- Removed several unused and obsolete API URLs (namely "/api/alleles/v1/search", "/disease_names", "/drug_ingredients", and "/snps". Version 2 of the alleles API still exists, as do the version 1 APIs for disease_names, drug_ingredients, and snps.
[4.8.0] - 2016-09-29
- A "source code" link for the more commonly used APIs, showing source code to recreate the autocompletion demos.
[4.6.0] - 2016-09-12
- The "snps" API now includes data for all chromosomes (actually all of the GRCh37p13 files at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/snp/organisms/human_9606_b146_GRCh37p13/ASN1_flat/)
[4.5.3] - 2016-08-15
- In the loinc_items API, setting the "type" parameter to "form" will now return hits for items for which we have a form definition, even if the item is not recognized as form based on the LOINC data. With the LOINC 2.56 release, we received many form definitions for items that were not previously recognized as forms; with this change those will be included with "type" is set to "form".
- Also in the loinc_items API, the data for the "units" field now comes solely from the EXAMPLE_UCUM_UNITS column, though it now gets that column from the main LOINC spreadsheet rather than the "panels and forms" spreadsheet. This means that there are more items with units data, but is also means that the very few items (less than 200) which previously had range data no longer have range data, but only units. The range data (from the UnitsAndRange LOINC column) was judged not to be very useful, and that, combined with the very small number of populated entries, was the motivation for leaving it out.
[4.5.1] - 2016-08-09
- Documentation detailing how the variants and alleles APIs were built from their data source.
[4.5.0] - 2016-07-27
- The variants and alleles APIs now have an "hgnc_id" field containing the HGNC IDs for any gene symbols associated with each record.
[4.4.1] - 2016-07-13
- Updated the LOINC data to version 2.56.
[4.4.0] - 2016-07-06
- Renamed the "alleles" API to "variants" because it was organized around the variant ID, and added another API called "alleles" which is organized around the alleles ID. The old "alleles" API URL is deprecated but will still be around for a while until usage transitions away to the new API URLs.
[4.3.0] - 2016-07-01
- The "cosmic_struct" (Cosmic Structural Genomic Rearrangements) API.
- A log for users to see what has changed.
[4.2.1] - 2016-06-23
- Another processing problem with the COSMIC data. Previously the data was incorrectly limited to one record per gene; now it is limited to one record per mutation ID.
[4.2.0] - 2016-06-22
- The "alleles" API now has a GenomicLocation field.
- Processing of the COSMIC data. Prior to this fix some records had data stored under the wrong field names.
[4.1.0] - 2016-06-17
- The "ef" parameter now supports the ability to alias the requested fields, so that the data comes back with a desired field name.
[4.0.0] - 2016-06-07
- The COSMIC data was updated to version 77 and switched to GRCh37, to be consistent with our other data sets.
- A couple of fields in the COSMIC API were changed (hence the major version bump). However, from the weblog stats, it does not appear that it will affect any users.
[3.13.1] - 2016-06-03
- The data version of the cytogenetics locations was not showing on the API page.
[3.13.0] - 2016-06-01
- A cytogenetic locations API.
[3.12.0] - 2016-05-31
- In the snps API, the fields chr and chrPos are now unlabeled (which means they no longer have a prefix in front of the number). Labeled versions are available as chr_lbl and chrPos_lbl.
[3.11.1] - 2016-05-27
- Broken links.
[3.11.0] - 2016-05-26
- A new "q" parameter for further constraining the results list returned for the "terms" parameter.
- Documentation for the previously-added COSMIC API.
- Ability to use phenotype.text or phenotype.code as display fields for the "alleles" API.
- Field geneSymbol to the "snps" API
- A processing bug for the "snps" API that introduced some duplicate records.
- The NLM Forms and autocomplete-lhc directories now have directory listings
so you can see which versions are available.
- API URLs on API documentation pages are now the versioned URLs
- COSMIC API (documentation TBD).
- Renamed website to "Clinical Table Search Service"
[3.4.0] - 2016-04-27
- Added versioned URLs.
- Documented the info_link_data parameter for the conditions API.
[3.3.0] - 2016-04-26
- Added SNPs to the page, with a warning that it is a work in progress
[3.2.0] - 2016-04-25
- Added a RefSeqs API.
[3.0.0] - 2016-04-07
- An old version of a LOINC API.
[2.7.1] - 2016-03-29
- LOINC form definitions used to contain questions with dataType "null" that had answer lists, which would not render due to the incorrect data type.